Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tower of....????

OK so I still have a lot of catching up to do but I just thought this was to cute to pass up. The other day Ethan took a whole bag of paper towels and decided to build a tower out of them. It was fun watching him try and get each one on just right so it would not fall over and then to have him stretch to put the last two on top (of course he ended up asking for help). I think one of the best parts about this tower, besides his creative genius, is the fact that he left the paper towels all in tact. Normally I would have found him unrolling the paper towels and then either leaving them as a decorative feature of the room or attempting to roll them back up, which of course makes the roll completely uneven and enlarges it by four times. I was thrilled he just did something cute and left well enough alone...could we be seeing a glimmer of change in our little monster man?!

5 comments:

The Silly Nilly Family said...

Woo, hoo, Ethan! That is an awesome tower!

(Oh bless those glimmers of hope for future behavior. I'm right there with you)

TC Jolley said...

Nice tower Ethan! What a cute little man! Erin, I miss you!!!

Lisa W said...

We just had our own glimmer of hope for future behavior. As I was reading your post my Ethan said this after he had dropped something, "Oh, I had better pick it up." Yeah for him and yeah for your Ethan for having fun without unrolling the paper towels.

Cindy Reed said...

Way to go, Ethan! What an awesome tower you built there!! How fun!!

(I have to say those are some darn cute paper towels too, Erin!!)

Marc M said...

Glimmer of hope for our monster man????? Maybe a small glimmer - especially after yesterday's beautiful Elmer's Glue drawing all over the carpet in the family room. :) We do love his creativity though. Ha ha. What a treat!!!!